Chocolate Coconut Slice
Member recipe by kevinhancock
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- 100 g butter
- 250 g unsweetened desiccatedcoconut
- 220 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g good quality darkchocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Line a shallow 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper. In a small saucepan or microwave oven, melt the butter and leave it to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut and sugar together, then add the melted butter and lightly beaten eggs and stir to combine. Stir the chopped chocolate through the mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes until firm. Leave the slice in the tin for about 5 minutes after youâve removed it from the oven, then cut into rectangles and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…