Chicken Soup With Dumplings
Member recipe by marinafood
- FOR THE SOUP
- chicken stock, made from 1 stock cube
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1/2 swede, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- olive oil,
- fresh herbs to serve
- FOR THE DUMPLINGS
- 1 egg
- 10 tbsp of plain flour
- 100 ml water
- Gently fry the onion in olive oil untill translucent
- Add crushed garlic, followed by vegetables and cook for a five minutes
- Pour the chicken stock, bring soup to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the dumplings. You will end up with sticky batter.
- Rinse a teaspoon under cold water. It will help the batter to come off the spoon more easily.Dip a teaspoon of batter into the pot with simmering soup and let it fell off the spoon. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- When the dumplings float to the top of the soup, simmer another minute until ready. Check seasoning with salt and pepper and serve sprinkled with herbs.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…