Peas with Pancetta
Member recipe by helenseamer
- 50g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 140g packet of diced pancetta or chopped streaky bacon
- 454g bag of frozen peas
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and fry the chopped onion and pancetta for 8 - 10 minutes until the onion turns golden and the pancetta is brown but not crisp.
- Stir in the peas, still frozen, and 150ml of water. Add the thyme and gently warm through. Cover, then gently simmer for about 15 minutes until the peas are tender and the water has almost evaporated.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve