Quenched Cabbage With Gamon
Member recipe by cookwithanna
A traditional romanian recipe that can be made with pickeled cabbage.
- - 1 cabbage
- - 150g smoked gammon
- - 1 onion
- - 1 carrot
- - dill
- - borsch or lemon juice(1 tbsp)
- - salt and pepper
- - 1 beef stock cube
- - 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Start by frying the gammon in a bit of oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then cut the onion, grate the carrot and put them in the pan with the gammon.
- Shread the cabage.
- Put the cabbage in the pan with the gammon and add water to cover everything. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer.
- When the cabbage is boiled add the beef stock cube, the tomato paste and the borsch or lemon juice and let it simmer for anther 10-15 minutes.
- At the end add the chopped dill. You can serve with polenta and chilly. ENJOY!!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…