Turkey & Bacon Strudel
Member recipe by laurabow
A great midweek meal on a budget, use leftover shredded roast turkey or chicken instead of mince if you like.
- 500g Turkey mince
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 6-8 rashers smoked bacon
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 tbsp water
- 3-4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 6 sheet pack Filo pastry, chilled
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Sautee the onion and garlic for 3 mins until transluscent. Add the turkey and sautee until cooked.
- Add the bacon, mushrooms, herbs, seasoning, stock cubes and water. Stir for 2 minutes then stir through the creme fraiche.
- Grease an ovenproof dish and line with the filo sheets, so that the pastry sheets are overlapping and the excess hangs over the sides of the dish.
- Spoon in the turkey mince mix and fold over the sides of the pastry so the mix is fully wrapped. Brush the top with olive oil or beaten egg. Bake at 200 degrees celcius for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with braised letteuce & peas or a fresh green salad.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…