- 3 flour tortilla, cut into crouton-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 tsp Cajun or Mexican seasoning mix
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 400g can black bean, rinsed and drained
- 200g pack cherry tomato, halved
- 2 avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves only
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the tortilla pieces on a baking tray, toss with the oil and the seasoning mix, then cook for 10-12 mins until crisp. In a large bowl, toss the iceberg, beans and tomatoes. Toss the avocado in the lime juice and add to the bowl.
Drizzle over your chosen dressing and toss to coat all the ingredients. Top with the croutons and coriander, then serve.