Member recipe by catkey
- 1 tsp Butter, heaped
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 eating Apples
- 225 g pork sausage meat
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 sprig Thyme, leaves removed
- 1 pinch grated Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 0.5 Lemons, juice
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and soften over a low heat without colouring. Stir in the apples and continue cooking until they are just beginning to lose their shape. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Stir in the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, thyme, nutmeg and parsley. Squeeze in the lemon juice and beat well for about a minute to blend everything together
- Use this stuffing to fill a turkey before roasting, or you can bake it separately in an ovenproof dish. Bake at 180C/gas4 for about 25 minutes and serve hot with roast meats.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…