- 4 whole sea bream or mackerel, descaled and cleaned (ask your fishmonger to do this)
Mackerel is a firm-fleshed, torpedo-shaped sea fish. Whole mackerel weigh in around 10-12oz (…
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (we used Schwartz)
- zest and juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 2 spring onion, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200g green bean
- rice, to serve
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Make 3-4 slashes on each side of the fish. Rub in the seasoning, lime zest and oil, making sure you get it right into the slashes and the cavity. Place on a baking tray lined with foil and bake for 12-15 mins or until just cooked through.
Turn the grill to high and cook for 2-3 mins more to char the skin. Cover and rest for a few mins.
For the salsa, mix the mango, chilli, avocado, spring onions, coriander and lime juice, and season. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 4 mins, then drain. Serve the fish with rice, beans and salsa.