Hot Iceberg Lettuce!
Member recipe by louise_fro
A great way to use up iceberg lettuce. Healthy, different and delicious
- 4 white fish fillets, approx 200 g each
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 iceberg lettuce
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 g butter
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Curry powder
- 1/2 onion
- 280 ml cream
- A little flour
- Lemon juice
- A dash of white wine if liked
- Preheat oven to 120 °C
- Salt the fish, sprinkle with some lemon juice and flour slightly. Mix olive oil and butter in a pan and saute the fish until it is golden yellow. Put into oven and keep warm at 120 °C.
- Saute the finely chopped onion in the juices of the fish, add some white wine and then the cream. Reduce the sauce by half and season it with salt.
- Boil the potatoes in salt water and then mash them roughly. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, nutmeg and curry. Cut the iceberg lettuce into thin strips and fold them into potato puree.
- Serve with the cod and spoon the sauce around it.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…