Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cake
Member recipe by imohaz123
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to: 350Â°F / 176Â°C / Gas Mark 4
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Enjoy! (:
- THIS IS NOT AN EXTRA STEP! ABOVE THERE ARE 'ÂÃÂ'. PLEASE IGNORE THEM. THANK YOU! :)
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…