Choccy-nut explosion muffins
Member recipe by Rowena Wilkes
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
- For the muffins:
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml milk
- 140g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 12 tsp Nutella
- For the icing:
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 85g icing sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C. Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then stir in the caster sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs then add the milk and beat together. Add the cooled butter to the mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, butter and egg mix. Stir gently together until combined.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Spoon half the muffin mixture equally into each of the muffin cases. Carefully spoon 1 large tsp of Nutella into the centre of each muffin case, on top of the muffin mixture. Then cover with the remaining muffin mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20-25mins, until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together the butter, Nutella, icing sugar and milk until smooth and creamy (add more nutella or milk if required). Place a spoonful if the icing on each of the muffins and smooth down. Decorate with a sprinke of chopped hazelnuts.
- Eat and enjoy! Mmmmmmmm...........Yummy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…