Chocolate Fruit & Nut Bombe
Member recipe by moonpink
Packed with colourful fruits and nuts enclosed in a chocolate sponge.
- 1 227g pack chocolate sponge mix
- 1 medium egg
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g glacÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ© cherries
- 50g shelled and skinned unsalted pistachio nuts
- 300ml double cream
- 50g currants
- 60ml of Cointreau or Amaretto
- Rind of 1 orange, grated
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Baking paper
- Cling film
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4. Grease a 30cm x 23cm baking tray; line with baking paper. Make sponge mix as directed on the pack and use the egg. Pour onto the baking tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes until springy to touch. Turn out onto a cooling rack, remove tray and peel off paper. Allow to cool.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt over a banmarrie.
- Chop the apricots and cherries and halve the pistachios.
- Whisk the cream until it stands on soft peaks. Stir intje fruit and nuts, melted chocolate, orange rind and booze.
- Line a 1.2ltr pudding bowl with cling film. Cut the sponge cake into strips and line the bowl- leaving some to go on top. Spoon in the filling and top with the remaining sponge.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours before serving or freeze totally and allow to sit to defrost for 25 minutes before serving.
- Turn out onto a serving plate and remove the cling film and dust with icing sugar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…