Member recipe by cre8ivecook
Oh, this is so good! I have used this for the stuffing of chile rellenos, filling for enchiladas (great with green or red sauces), rolled up in warmed tortillas for a snack, or in a sandwich. This recipe is very versatile and delicious... and healthy! It is a MUST try!!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, minced (packed)
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, minced (packed)
- 1 tsp. garlic, pressed
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 tsp. No Chicken 'Better Than Bouillon'
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 lb. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over med-hi heat. Stir in quinoa, onion, bell pepper & garlic. Cook and stir about 3 min. or until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, bouillon, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in cheese.
- **Note: If you like to spice it up: just add cayenne, red chile flakes, chipotle chile flakes, jalapeno, serrano or any one of your favorite fresh or dried chiles.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…