Mrs Elswood Thai Style Salad
Member recipe by mrselswood
Fine slices of Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers add a punchy kick to the delicately dressed salad of bean sprouts, gem lettuce, chili and coriander.
- For the dressing
- 1 glove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers
- 1 carrot
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- Handful of mint and coriander leaves
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Firstly make the dressing. In a bowl whisk together the chopped garlic clove, brown sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce. Set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler slice the Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers and carrot into thin strips and place in a bowl.
- Add a handful of bean sprouts, the deseeded and thinly sliced red chilli, the mint and coriander leaves and the gem lettuce.
- Toss well and divide between 2 plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…