Mrs Elswood BBQ Lamb kebabs
Member recipe by mrselswood
Wheel out the barbecue and cook up a treat using Mrs Elswood's Haimisha cucumbers.
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (2kg)
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 60ml lemon juice
- 60ml honey
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 red peppers, cut into 2-inch squares
- 4 Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers, cut into 2-inch squares
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic cloves, onion and herbs in a large resealable plastic bag and mix well.
- Add the lamb cubes to the bag, tossing to coat. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, rotating the bag occasionally to continually coat the lamb.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to bring the meat to room temperature.
- To assemble the kebabs, fill skewers, alternating peppers, Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers, lamb and tomatoes until all ingredients are used.
- Cook the skewers on a BBQ rotating them on all sides, until cooked, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…