Baked Banana Puffs
Member recipe by sarah_clk
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
Baked banana puffs are a cross between muffins and doughnuts... delicious and light and a great way of using up overripe bananas
- For the puffs:
- 220g all purpose/plain flour (I used wholemeal but white is fine)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice (or allspice or ground cloves or nutmeg or more cinnamon)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 75ml sunflower oil (or whatever oil you have)
- 100g brown sugar (I used soft dark but light would work)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (or you could use tinned pumpkin - 185/200g ish)
- 120 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Glaze
- 75g butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2/3 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170C/fan 150c/gas 5, Grease a 12 hole muffin tin - I lined the bases with a little circle of greaseproof paper too just incase!
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, spices, salt) in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients (sugar, egg, oil, milk, vanilla, banana) together until smooth and fully combined.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir together - don't over mix, just combine with a spoon). Divide the mixture in to the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20/25 minutes or until golden and until a knife comes out clean.
- Whilst the puffs are baking melt the butter in a pan/or microwave and mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a seperate bowl. Once the puffs are baked, remove from the tin and whilst they are still hot brush them with the melted butter and dip them in the cinnamon sugar.