Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
Member recipe by cookwithanna
This recipe it's been in our house for generations, it is one of my favorites and I decided to share it with you.
- - 500g mince(pork, beef or both)
- - one egg
- - 4-5 garlic cloves
- - 2 slices of bread(soak it in some milk)
- - 3-4 tbsp of tomato paste
- - beef stock cube
- - salt and pepper
- Put the mince, crushed garlic, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Squeeze all the milk out of the bread and put it with the mince. Mix everything together.
- Then put some flour on a plate take some meat with a spoon and roll it in a bit of flour, make small balls which you can leave like that or press them with your palms until flat.
- Fry the meatballs in a pan with a bit of oil.
- When you finished frying all the meatballs put another pan on the heat with a bit of oil and 2 garlic cloves. Remove the garlic cloves when they start to go soft, then add the tomato paste and the beef cube stock with a mug of water and half tsp of sugar.
- Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, add more water if you need to. You can add a tsp of flour to thicken the sauce. Serve with mash potatoes. ENJOY!!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…