Victoria Sandwhich Cake
Member recipe by tbob0102
- 100g/4ozs Self Raising Flour
- 100g/4ozs Very Soft Margarine
- 100g/4ozs Caster Sugar
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- Jam For Filling
- Set oven to required temperature - Gas Reg 4, 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C Fan Oven - 300 degrees F, 160 degrees C
- Grease and line two (7" or 18cm) round shallow cake tins. Baking parchment works well.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add margarine, sugar and eggs
- Beat well together with a wooden spoon until very smooth
- Divide evenly between the two tins
- Bake 20-25 mins until well risen and golden brown. (should feel springy to the touch)
- Remove from the tins and leave to cool
- Sandwhich together with Jam and sprinkle castor sugar (a little on top)
- Serve on a round plate
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…