- 180g jar fiery chilli pesto (we used Sacla)
Pesto is a generic Italian name for any sauce made by pounding ingredients together.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 red pepper, sliced
- 400g can kidney bean, drained
- 8 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 8 flour tortilla
- 2 avocado, stoned and thickly sliced
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- reduced-fat mayonnaise, to serve
Tip the pesto into a large pan with the mince and cumin, and fry for a few mins. Crumble in the stock cube, add the peppers and kidney beans, then fill the empty can with water and add this to the pan, too. Cover and simmer for 10 mins, then remove the lid and continue to cook for 5-10 mins or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander.
Heat the tortillas following pack instructions and serve with the chilli, avocados, onion and a dollop of mayo.