Stilton Parcels & Apple Sauce
Member recipe by phillipa1
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Parcels
Crisp little filo parcels bursting with Christmas flavours, perfect as a starter or drinks nibble.
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 150g spinach
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 50g Stilton
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 25g walnuts
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 6 x 25x24cm sheets filo pastry
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 40g butter
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· Chives, optional
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 4tbsps Bottlegreen Blackberry and Russet Apple Cordial
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· Juice of 1 clementine
- 1. Preheat oven to 200c, 400f, gas mark 6. Place the spinach in a large pan with a little water, wilt for a few minutes, drain and squeeze out any juice. Chop finely.
- 2. Place in a bowl, cut the Stilton into small cubes and add with the roughly chopped walnuts, mix together.
- 3. Melt the butter. Brush a sheet of filo lightly with the melted butter, top with another piece of filo and brush again, repeat with a third sheet. Cut into 4.
- 4. Place teaspoonfuls of the spinach mixture into the centre of each parcel, brush with a little butter, draw up and twist carefully to secure the top of each of the parcels, brush with butter and place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining 3 filo sheets. Cook for approx 10-15 minutes until golden. Tie with the chives if using.
- 5. To make the sauce, place the Cordial and clementine juice in a small pan, boil for several minutes until reduced and thickened slightly. Serve with the parcels as a dipping sauce.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…