Banana and Vanilla Cake
Member recipe by Newbalhammum
- 125g butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin. Bake at 150 C fan oven (or 170 C regular, Gas mark 3) for 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…