Valentine Raspberry Hearts
Member recipe by marstar
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Biscuits
These pretty pastry hearts are a perfect gift for the one you love, or to make with kids.
- For the shortcrust pastry
- 375g plain flour
- 2dsp icing sugar
- 200g chilled unsalted butter
- 2-3 tbsp ice-cold water
- 200g raspberry jam
- caster sugar for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4 and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- For the pastry put the icing sugar, flourand 1/2tsp of salt into a bowl and rub in the butter until ir resembles breadcrumbs. Work in enough water to make a soft dough.
- Roll the pastry onto a floured surface, to a thickness of about 2mm. Cut out 24 5cm hearts.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of raspberry jam onto the centre of 12 hearts, dampen the edges with water and place the remaning hearts on top of each. Press the edges firmly
- Place on the lined trays and bake for 12 minutes. As they come out sprinkle with the caster sugar so that it sticks. Place on a wire rack to cool.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…