Southern Fried Chicken Strips
Member recipe by silva1210
- 1 TEASPOON THYME
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 TEASPOON OREGANO
- 1 TEASPOON PAPRIKA
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND GINGER
- 1 TEASPOON GARLIC SALT
- 1 TABLESPOON DRY MUSTARD POWDER
- 1 TABLESPOON BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TABLESPOON MSG
- 1 TABLESPOON CELERY SALT
- 2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 3 EGGS MIXED WITH A LITTLE MILK
- 4 CHICKEN BREASTS SLICED INTO LONG THIN STRIPS
- PREHEAT DEEP FAT FRYER TO 170 DEGREES CELSIUS. MEASURE OUT AND MIX ALL THE DRY SPICES AND HERBS INTO A SMALL BOWL AND MIX THOROUGHLY. MEASURE OUT THE TWO CUPS OF FLOUR INTO A LARGE DISH AND THOROUGHLY MIX THE SPICE MIX THROUGH IT.
- ASSEMBLE 3 DISHES LEFT TO RIGHT FOR THE DREDGING PROCESS. EGG MIX FIRST, THEN THE FLOUR AND SPICE MIX AND THEN A LIGHTLY FLOURED PLATE TO PLACE THE BATTERED STRIPS ON. DIP EACH STRIP IN THE EGG WASH, THEN THE FLOUR MIX, THEN REPEAT FOR A NICE CRISPY BATTER.
- ) DEEP FRY THE STRIPS IN BATCHES FOR 7/8 MINUTES UNTIL COOKED THROUGH. SERVE WITH FRIES, SALAD AND COLESLAW. ENJOY!!
- Please note all the spices and herbs used are dry spices. Chicken thighs and drumsticks can also be used. Deep fry for 7 minutes then place the thighs on a wire rack and place into an oven at 210 degrees celcius for 25/30 mins to cook through. Turn the pieces a couple of times during cooking so batter remains crisp.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…