Steak with red wine butter
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 2 British fillet steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tbsp red onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- To make the red wine butter, boil the red wine, onion and garlic in a small pan for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has reduced by about two thirds. In a bowl, beat the butter until soft, then gradually add the wine, parsley and plently of black pepper. Spoon onto a piece of cling film, wap tightly and form into a sausage shape.Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm.
- Remove the steaks from the packaging, pat dry with kitchen towel and leave to rest for half an hour.
- Heat a dry frying pan until hot, brush steaks with a little olive oil and season well with salt and black pepper, add to the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium and 6-7 minutes for well done. Wrap each steak with foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with a slice of butter on top and vegetables of your choice.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…