fish pie with sweet potato
Member recipe by jul34es
- 3 decent size sweet potatoes
- 3 decent size potatoes
- 3 eggs
- knob of butter
- 1/2 small onion,peeled and chopped
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 200g smoked haddock
- 150g cooked prawns
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- peel and chop the potatoes and boil till soft.In a second pan boil the eggs for about 8 mins till hard boiled.
- meanwhile,heat the butter in a pan andgently fry the onion till soft.stir in the creme fraiche and when the sauce is coming up to the boil add the prawns to warm through.In a frying pan add the haddock cover with water,bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 mins till flaky.
- drain the potatoes when soft and mash with butter and milk.
- add the chopped egg,herbs and mustard to the sauce and season with ground black pepper,then pour into an ovenproof dish,break up the haddock and add to the sauce and mix.
- cook in an oven at 180c/gas 6 for about 20 mins until golden brown then serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…