Stir fry pork
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp rice wine or brandy
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 325g easy cook brown rice
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, cut in half and ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 180g sugar snap peas
- 250g pak choi, ends trimmed and thickly sliced
- Toss the pork fillet in the rice wine, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, sesame oil and cornflour to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions.
- Mix together the remaining soy sauce with the oyster sauce, ginger and garlic to make a thick sauce. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a large wok over a high heat and stir-fry half the pork for a few minutes until just cooked. Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Wipe the wok with kitchen paper und return to the heat. Add the broccoli and sugar snap peas with 3 tbsp of water and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add the pak choi and 1 tbsp of water and cook for another 2 minutes. Return the meat to the pan with the sauce, toss the greens and heat for 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Serve with the rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…