Philly Cheese Steak
Member recipe by tbob48
This recipe is the american version of a classic steak sandwhich with cheese
- Roughly 113g/4oz sirloin beef steak
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 sub roll, hot dog roll or french baton
- 1 processed cheese slice
- Slice the sirloin steak as thinly as possible into strips. Place in a bowl with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Heat a dry, flat frying pan to a medium heat. Place the remaining tbsp of vegetable oil in the pan. Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the onion begins to darken and crisp.
- Increase the heat to high and add steak. Season with a little salt and pepper, then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until steak is just cooked through
- Slice open the roll and fill with the cooked steak and onion. Cut the processed cheese slice into strips and add to the roll. Place in a warm oven for 3-4 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Serve with ketchup or yellow mustard if desried
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…