Member recipe by suetopham
The richest most indulgent hot chocolate pudding with chocolate fudge sauce you will ever taste.
- For The Pudding:
- 3 large eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g plain white flour sifted
- 25g cocoa powder sifted
- 100g unsalted butter melted
- 100g dark chocolate (70% minimum cocoa solids) finely chopped
- For The Sauce:
- 85g unsalted butter
- 80g unrefined demerara sugar
- 284mls double cream
- 80g dark chocolate (70% min)
- 30g milk chocolate
- 40g liquid glucose
- Well butter a 2 litre heatproof bowl and a piece of foil (big enough to cover the bowl)
- Place the eggs and caster sugar in a mixing bowl of a food mixer and whisk on high for 15 minutes or until thick and foamy. remove the bowl and carefully fold in the flour and cocoa powder (take care not to over mix or the sponge will be tough and leaden)
- Add the melted butter and chopped chocolate, again fold in carefully
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared bowl, cover with the buttered foil and cook in a steamer for approx 1 hour or until cooked (the sponge will be very soft and spongy). Do not overcook or the sponge will be leaden.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce... Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir to the boil. Then strain.
- Turn the pudding out whilst it is still warm and pour over plenty of the sauce. A spoon of double cream over the pudding is completely over the top but absolutely gorgeous.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…