CHOCOLATE ORANGE TRUFFLES
Member recipe by maytimedesign
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Truffles
These are actually quite a healthy treat (the main ingredients are dates and walnuts). They are also really quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 2 cups of dried medjool dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of good quality cocoa powder
- The grated zest and rind of 1 large orange
- 100g melted dark chocolate (70% or more)
- Before you begin place some parchment paper onto a baking try.
- Put the walnuts and dates in a blender or food processor and blitz until the walnuts and dates are well combined, sticky and almost smooth in texture. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the cocoa powder and orange zest and rind.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the cocoa powder and orange zest and rind.
- Roll the mixture into balls (around the size of a walnut) and dip into the melted chocolate then place onto the parchment paper.
- Leave these to cool in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…