Mint chocolate fudge
Member recipe by mezzy29
ServingsServes 1 - 28 Pieces
This decadent layered fudge is perfect for those who love the 'After Eight' combination of chocolate and mint. Makes a perfect food gift!
- 350g plain chocolate
- 1 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk, divided
- 1 dessertspoon vanilla extract
- 175g white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food colouring (optional)
- Line a 20 or 23cm (8 or 9 in) square tin with greaseproof paper.
- In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt plain chocolate with 250ml condensed sweetened milk and vanilla. Spread half of the mixture into prepared tin; chill 10 minutes, or until firm. Reserve remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature.
- In another heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate with remaining condensed sweetened milk (mixture will be thick.) Stir in peppermint extract and food colouring, if using. Spread this mixture on chilled plain chocolate layer; chill 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Spread reserved plain chocolate mixture over the mint layer; chill 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…