ham and cheese quesadillas
Member recipe by clarky544
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 slices of ham
- 100-150g of cheese
- olive oil (optional)
- lay 1 tortilla in frying pan. heat must still be off.
- tear ham up, and grate cheddar cheese. other hams maybe used. after tearing ham and grating cheese mix together, with a drizzle of olive oil if using. olive oil just holds the filling together but works without.
- then sprinkle filling evenly on the tortilla making sure ham and cheese are evenly shared all over the tortilla.
- lay next tortilla on top and press down lightly.
- turn hob onto low heat and allow cheese to melt so tortillas are glued together.
- when golden brown, turn over and allow other side to cook to same colour.
- then cut into 4 seperate pieces, serve with guacamole and salad to finish off this british/ american take on an authentic mexican dish.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…