Vietnamese Pho Bo
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 litres salt-reduced chicken or beef stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2cm fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 star anise
- 4 handfuls bean sprouts, washed
- 250g fillet steak, thinly sliced
- Large bunch Vietnamese mint or half-bunch local mint
- 2 limes, quartered
- Place onions, stock, fish sauce, ginger and star anise in a large pan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place bean sprouts and beef into serving bowls and pour over hot stock.
- Serve topped with coriander and Vietnamese mint, with extra sprouts, herbs and lime wedges on the side.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…