Nice Rice and Veggie Fingers
Member recipe by taragunning
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Fingers
- 100g/heaping 2/3 cup cold cooked brown rice
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper, to taste sunflower oil, for frying
- Mix together the rice, leek, yellow pepper, garlic, parmesan, egg, cream and flour in a bowl to make a sloppy batter. Season to taste.
- Heat enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the a heavy based frying pan.
- Place two heaped dessertspoons of the rice mixture per finger into the hot oil and flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Cook in batches for 3 minutes on each side until golden.Drain on kitchen towels before serving.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…