Victoria Sponge Cake :)
Member recipe by happykay100
A great cake for party's and special events and easy to make a tradition recipe.
- For Cake
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Softened Butter
- 4 Eggs,Beaten
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- For Filling
- 340g Jar Good Quality Jam
- Icing Sugar For Decorating
- Heat the oven to 200C fan or Gas 5.Butter two same size tins and line with non-stick paper.
- In a large bowl, beat all the cake ingredients together until you have a smooth soft batter.If batter is thick add 2tbs of milk.
- Divide the mixture between the tins, smooth the surface the bake for about 20mins until golden and the cake springs back when pressed.
- When cooked turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- When both cakes are cool spread the jam over the bottom of the one of the sponges and the put the second one on top.
- Dust with a little bit of icing sugar before serving eat within 2 days.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…