- 1 small onion, sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 30g sachet fajita seasoning (we like Discovery), or 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 8 soft corn tortilla wraps (Old El Paso are good)
In Spain, a tortilla is a kind of omelette, with ingredients added - frequently sliced cooked…
- grated cheese, guacamole and soured cream
- handful coriander or parsley, roughly chopped
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Gently fry onions for 5 mins in oil, until softened. Tip in beans, tomatoes and seasoning, then simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, warm the wraps in the microwave on High for 1 min.
Take a large spoonful of beans and spoon along the centre of each wrap. Top with some grated cheese, a spoonful of guacamole and soured cream and a sprinkling of coriander or parsley. Wrap into a cigar shape and eat straight away.
Give it a twist
Other toppings, such as jalapeño peppers and fresh tomato salsa, also go really well. You can also use taco shells instead of tortillas.