Boxing Day Muffins
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
or St Stephens Day muffins, Light muffins with a festive spice taste.
- * 1 Egg
- * 75ml Milk
- * 25g Butter, melted
- * 2 tbsp Irish whiskey, brandy or sherry
- * 125g Christmas pudding
- * 125g plain flour
- * 1 tsp Baking powder
- * 1 tsp Mixed spice
- * 75g caster sugar
- * icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and add the milk, melted butter, sherry, whisky or brandy and the pieces of Christmas pudding.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and sugar together. Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients and mix together until a soft lumpy batter forms.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the oven. 20-25 minutes for large muffins, 15-20 minutes for cupcake size and 10-15 minutes for mini muffins.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Alternatively pipe a little buttercream on the top.
- Makes 12 large or 24 medium muffins.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…