beef and spinach cannelloni
Member recipe by sweetunique
Cannelloni pasta is a welcome change/addition to my pasta loving family.
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 10 cannelloni shells
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 large bell pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated jack monterey cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped ham (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 tbsps flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- Saute beef in garlic, tomato and onion in oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add ham. Cook until meat is tender. Set aside. Let cool for ten minutes.
- Once cool, mix in egg and flour. Stuff uncooked cannelloni with beef mixture. Set aside.
- Using the pan used for the beef mixture, pour in tomato sauce and milk. Simmer for five minutes.
- In a greased pyrex dish, layer the spinach, pour about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce mixture. Lay down cannellonis giving a 1/4 inch-space in between each piece. Add a final layer of spinage, Pour over the rest of the tomato sauce mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven (160 c) for an hour.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with your favorite toast or side salad.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…