Gingery Lentil Soup
Member recipe by lenasid
- * 2 teaspoons olive oil
- * 3 medium carrots, chopped
- * 1 medium onion, chopped
- * 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- * 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, plus enough water to equal 4 cups
- * 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- * 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot and onion; cover and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add curry, salt, and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in diluted broth and lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…