Macadamia Barramundi Fillets
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 170g barramundi fillets, skin removed
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Combine all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor and pulse until a rough crust forms - the macadamia nuts should still be quite chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Heat a large non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil to the pan. Season barramundi fillets on both sides with salt and pepper and place fillets in the pan, flesh side down (the side opposite where the skin was). Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until light golden-brown.
- Using a thin flat spatula, gently flip fish over and divide the crust mixture over the top of each fillet in an even layer.
- Transfer entire pan to the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and the crust is light golden-brown.
- Remove fish in saute pan from oven and serve immediately with either a light salad or sauteed vegetables.