Pancakes with Red Currants
Member recipe by daeriin
Tasty, fluffy and sweet pancakes with a bit sour red currant kissel sauce.
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 130 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- cooking oil
- The Sauce:
- 400 gr frozen red currants (or other berries)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Put the yolks into a bowl, add milk and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and mix the dough well.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and carefully add to the dough.
- Preheat the pan. Bake small pancakes (1 tbsp of dough for 1) on medium heat using a bit of oil.
- Put frozen berries and sugar into a pot and cook the berries and the juice (from unfreezing the berries) until boils.
- Dissolve the starch in some water and gradually add to the berries while stirring at the same time. To be sure the sauce isn't too thick don't pour all starch at once.
- Cook for some more seconds till thickens and serve
- Tip: If the sauce is really thick - you can also serve it as a separate dessert called "Kissel". Serve Kissel as it is or with milk. For a more interesting version of kissel you can ad cookie crumbs or other small sweets into it. Improvise!
- Enjoy! :]