Watercress TomatoChickpea Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2-1tsp crushed flaked chilli
- 2 (397g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400g) can chick peas, drained then a few reserved for garnish
- 750ml/11/4pt vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 (100g) bag watercress
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and saute for 4 mins until soft. Stir in the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, chick peas, stock and puree, stir well and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- 3. Transfer to food processor, add the watercress, then blend until just smooth. Return to the pan, add the lemon juice, then season to taste. Gently reheat then serve in bowls. Decorate with the reserved chick peas and more watercress if liked.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…