Mediterranean Grilled Haloumi
Member recipe by nikolai
- 150 g Haloumi
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 leaf of spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp peppercorns in brine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A few fresh mint leaves
- Slice the haloumi into slices about 1 cm thick. In a non-stick coated grilling pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the spring onion slices into the pan and let fry for about a minute. Lay the haloumi slices in the pan, slightly separated from each other. After about 2 minutes, sprinkle in the pine nuts, seeds, and garlic, and let grill.
- When the underside of the haloumi has orange-brown lines, flip the haloumi slices over. Sprinkle in the peppercorns and let grill until the second side has orange-brown lines.
- Remove from the pan and drizzle over the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt to taste and add the fresh mint for that gentle aroma. Let the haloumi cool off for a minute or two and eat while warm.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…