Member recipe by twar123
- For the cake
- 170g Castor sugar
- 170g Margerine
- 3 Eggs
- 140g Self-raising flour
- 30g Cocoa
- 1tsp Baking powder
- For the buttercream
- 110g Icing sugar
- 55g Margerine
- Preheat the oven to 180/160fan/gas mark 4. Grease 2 round cake tins. Mix together the sugar and margerine until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa and baking powder and stir until thick.
- Put the mixture into the tins and cook for 25-40mins.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream: Stir together the icing sugar and margerine until light and fluffy.
- When the cake is cool, sandwhich it together with buttercream and decorate however you want.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…