Zucchini Tomato-Anchovy Pasta
Member recipe by ranya1970
- 500 g penne
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150 ml tomato sauce (homemade, with oregano)
- ÃÂ¼ cup anchovies
- ÃÂ¼ cup oil from the anchovy box
- ÃÂ½ cup grated parmesan
- Slice the zucchini. Peel and chop the onion. Peel and chop the garlic. Chop the anchovies.
- Heat anchovy oil in the skillet. Add the onion and garlic, stir for 5 mins. Add the anchovies, stir for 2 mins. Add the tomato sauce, stir for 5 mins. Set aside.
- Cook the penne in large pot of boiling water for 9 mins. Add the zucchini and cook for 1-2 mins. Reserve ¾ cup cooking liquid.
- Add the cooking liquid to the tomato-anchovy sauce in the skillet and get to boil. Stir for 1-2 mins.
- Mix the pasta and zucchini with the tomato-anchovy sauce. Season, sprinkle with the grated parmesan and server.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…