Delicious Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by leia_seasoned
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Brownies
A wonderful, well tested recipe for the perfectly gooey, devilishly delicious chocolate brownies.
- 80g/6oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240g/8oz plain chocolate *top tip - break chocolate into small pieces to prevent it burning when melting*
- 120g/4oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 450g/16oz caster sugar
- 180g/6oz walnuts, chopped - (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/ gas mark 3 and grease & line 8 inch square tin.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together in a large bowl and stir together until combined.
- Melt the chocolate & the butter in glass bowl over simmering water on the hob or microwave on a low power and stir throughout. Remove the bowl from the pan, or microwave, and then let the chocolate cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar for 2 minutes until light & creamy. A hand mixer works best, however, if you do not have one then beating by hand works great as well.
- Once the melted butter and chocolate has cooled slightly beat it into the flour and baking powder mix. One this is completed, fold in the flour with a metal spoon (and walnuts if desired).
- Pour the combined mixture in your prepared tin and cook on 60C/325F/ gas mark 3 for 35-40 minutes or until when you gently shake the tin, the brownie mixture no longer 'wobbles'.
- Slice the brownies into desired squares and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before tucking in.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…