Carrot, Lentil and Bacon Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 15ml/1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 450g/1lb carrots, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 100g/4oz red lentils
- 1.4ltr/2 1/2pt vegetable stock made with low salt stock cube*
- 15ml/1tbsp tomato puree
- 5ml/1tsp medium curry paste
- yogurt, fresh coriander and croutons to serve
- * Kallo do a very low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the bacon and onion and saute over a medium heat for 4-5 mins or until pale golden.
- 2. Stir in the carrots, lentils, puree and curry paste and mix well. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Boil uncovered for 5 mins, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the carrots and lentils are tender.
- 3. Blitz the soup with a stick blender until smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste, then serve with a dollop of yogurt, a scattering of coriander and croutons if liked.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…