chilli and garlic linguine
Member recipe by button8
A simple but very tasty dish. The dried chilli adds warmth rather than heat while the garlic and lemon add a zingy freshness.
- 500g good quality linguine/spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- olive oil for frying
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil to serve
- parmesan to serve
- salt for pasta water
- Put large pan of salted water on to boil and a large frying pan or wok (needs to be big enough to fit everything into it at the end) on to heat gently.
- Add 3 tbsps of olive oil to the frying pan/wok. Put in the anchovy,chilli flakes and garlic. turn the heat to low. Do not let the garlic burn.
- When the water comes up to the boil add the linguine. Cook according to pack instructions.
- Whilst pasta is cooking stir the lemon zest into the garlic mixture.
- Drain the cooked pasta then add it to the frying pan along with the chopped parsley and lemon juice. Combine it all together using tongs or similar.
- Serve with a good drizzle of extra virgin and parmesan to taste.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…