Member recipe by jul34es
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g lurpak lighter spread
- 75g smoked pancetta
- 4 medium eggs
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 50g parmesan cheese,grated
- ground black pepper
- 6 stems asparagus
- place the flour in a bowl and add the spread.rub the spread into the flour with your finger tips,until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.add 2 tbsp cold water and bring the mixture together into a ball.chill for 10 minutes.
- heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6.
- roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and line a 9inchx1inch tart loose bottomed tin.chill for 10 minutes.
- blind bake the pastry case for 10 minutes.removethe baking paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- dry fry the pancetta strips until crispy and arrange in the bottom of the flan case.
- beat the eggs,creme fraiche and parmesan together.season well with black pepper and pour into pastry case.
- cut the asparagus spears in half and remove the woody stems.fan the spears out on top of the egg mixture.bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…