- 4 rashers smoked bacon, streaky
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- squeeze lime juice
The same shape, but smaller than…
- pinch dried chilli flakes
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- 2 chunky slices granary bread
Heat grill to high. Put the bacon and cherry tomatoes, cut side up, on a grill rack and grill for 10 mins, turning the bacon halfway through, until crisp. Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado with a fork and stir in the lime juice, chilli flakes, some salt, if you like, and pepper.
Toast the bread until golden and spoon on the mashed avocado. Top with the tomatoes and bacon, then serve.