- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
An aromatic spice native to eastern Mediteranean countries and Upper Egypt. This warm,…
- 2 red onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 2 skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into 1cm chunks (no need to peel)
- 2 x 400g cans tomato
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- zest and juice 2 lemons
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 200g cherry tomato, halved
- 140g couscous
Consisting of many tiny granules made from steamed and dried durum wheat, couscous has become a…
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
Heat a large non-stick casserole dish or pan on the hob. Add the harissa, spices and onions, stir and cook gently for 10 mins until soft. Add chicken and brown for 5-10 mins. Add squash, stirring to combine, and a splash of water if it starts to stick. Cook for 5 mins more.
Tip canned tomatoes into the pan with ½ can of water, cover and simmer for 20-30 mins. Add the lemon zest and juice, cherry tomatoes, couscous and seasoning. Cover and turn off the heat. Leave on the hob for 10 mins, then stir through the coriander and serve.